Robert talks at TS June 20th … see below!
Come and celebrate Mayflower’s birthday anytime in June! New incense, tarot cards, salt lamps, bracelets, Steiner and Osho books. Astrological Calendars 50% off! Find us at www.mayflowerbookshop.com on the web.
“Mayflower Bookshop isn’t where you find the honey, it’s where you learn to make the honey.” -Captain Bob and the Wordsmiths of Avalon
- Challenging or difficult days that try the soul and temper the spirit, days one may need to call upon a higher power or dive deeper into stillness, silence, and retreat, days calling upon a higher octave of music, angel, spiritual self; days of mystery and magic, alchemical change and need to stir it up, pull weeds, make bread, soup, and new friends … most likely to occur: June 7th, 9th, 10th, 13th, 14th, 19th, 20th, and 26th. There are no good days in June, unless you make ‘em. Ha, aha!
- June 6th. Mercury goes retrograde in sign of Cancer making many re-think, re-view, redo and perhaps renew connections, contacts and contracts. Others opt to get out for higher ground or deeper restocking in self. Thoughts and plans, actions and events, having to do with repairing or fixing up house, but also fixing up feelings and emotions, family, parents, office, land. Water at issue, quantity and quality. Previous plans shaky, perhaps affecting how international vs. national concerns are at odds. Securities re-secured and travel plans may alter especially mid June. Mercury retrograde conjuncts Sun on 19th allowing then for burning realisations and clear insights on what to do and what not to do.
- All summer, starting June, Saturn near trine to Chiron in influence for weeks. Attempts at world and personal healing occurring. Patience allows sureness, action, and wisdom to arise. A new sense of harmony, peace, healing comes from walking the middle way. Tension or new harmony between opposites of security/freedom, straight practicality bottom line/high ideals, rules of authoritative law/social liberty and justice, maverick genius/conservative wisdom tradition, straight medicine/alternative healing, yoga, health food diet/hard core work out. New integrations or conflict? Seek to reconcile opposites finding a new balance and harmony allowing yourself to move forward or at least pause to rest, heal, restore. Saturn finds happiness working alone, Chiron needs others but needs not to be dependent. Science and mysticism merge, rational logic and genius join hands, less shock and awe but more wonder and learning, rooting and flowering find expression here.
- June 13th into 14th. Full Moon in Sagittarius, Venus oppose Saturn. Theosophists and old India celebrate Wesak Festival, as well as Buddha’s Birthday, Enlightenment, and Death, all on May Full Moon. Tibetan’s say it’s this Full Moon. Mayflower Bookshop had two official openings when first opening — one in May and the other in June. So Happy Birthday Mayflower Bookshop and Buddha! Virtuous merit or non virtuous merit multiplies in power on such days, so take care to think, feel, and do your highest deepest ideal true you, virtue you. Take care to act appropriately and moderately, ideally and virtuously; wrong moves here could raise havoc and cause severe complex reactions and in days to come. Compassion for others’ struggle as well as inner work, love for the ideal, infinite patience to keep in the learning sharing process, is what is positively called for here. World news and higher views conflict with the personal little picture, or local view. Too big a picture conflicts with too small a vision. Big views and big personalities conflict with little ones and the ‘be here now’ immediate needs and view. Doing little things in clear clean virtuous ways may conflict with big overboard plans to conquer the world or climb that next mountain. Greater needs conflict with personal needs. Finding a balance between the higher self and the everyday self, the macrocosm and the microcosm is key. Yet small is beautiful, and yet again there is an ‘Out damn spot, out I say!’. Larger spirited enterprise and adventure is good but be sure to honour your inner needs, sleep/exercise/diet. Full Moon with Venus/Saturn shows us how much further we have yet to go, how big the gap between the ideal visualised and the practical here now. How to love the little things and moments while keeping on track for the long run big plans is key. Behaviour and weather here can go to extremes … cooler in some places, hotter in others. A feeling that ‘things can’t go on this way’ may present itself. A forced wait-and-see attitude. Yet yoga or meditation, fasting or healthier diet, seeking spiritual counsel can quicken things up. Stormy weather comes for some. Some feel lack of love, others are smothered by it and need a break. Personal values and needs need to re-align with bottom-line practicality as well as higher virtue authority and experience. Sad partings, separations, or death of something for some. Others experience deepening of commitment and connection. Where love works, it’s either dependent and co-dependent, or incredibly free and wisely harmonised, perhaps due to many life-times experience and connections. This aspect is in influence a few days before and after June 13th. Austere or disciplined actions, and true love, wins in time. Immediate desires or wants could be frustrated these daze. Wanting others to be happy is finely balanced with not feeling stepped on if one wisely manoeuvres through this time.
“Art can never exist without truth’s naked beauty.” – Captain Bob and the Woodward Egyptian Crocodiles.
- June 14th (This whole passage includes June 10th – 14th as well as other contributing suspect days such as days around June 25th and 26th). Mars in Libra squares Pluto in Capricorn and Moon squares Mars in Libra and Uranus in Aries triggering repercussions and further events unfolding or influenced from last January 2014 and last April’s Grand Cross. (See Youtube for my December 10th talk ‘The Astrology for 2014’, as well as April’s Grand Cross, the effects of which run into June/July). Opposition to authority, need for compromise and mutual agreement or strivings, work. Struggle to attain equality, inwardly or outwardly with someone seen as either an authority or a despot, plutocrat, or leader (good or bad). Deep need for change pushes many to press too hard, making for much possible stress and worry, anger and frustration, even possible violence. Hasty nasty actions and reactions. Positive need for inner work, renewing vows to higher self or ideals, and for rejuvenation, vs. degenerative episodes and negative backsliding. Need for updating, strengthening and deepening roots and foundations in what is good, true, beautiful, loving and wise. Also a wish to adventure beyond boundaries and test limits, experiment, with danger of going too far and causing unnecessary suffering to self or other. Possible difficulties communicating and traveling. Extremes in weather, politics, business, markets. Volatility in markets. Tensions and inner conflict arise leading into explosive remarks and situations, especially now around June 14th and right into time when Mars opposes Uranus, June 25th, when actions speak louder than words. Danger of premature hasty actions causing much troublesome or dangerous events. Tendency for geopolitical hotspots to ignite or seek immediate serious solution. This aspect affects week before and after exact aspect. As mentioned in the ‘Astrology for 2014’ talk on Youtube given last December 10th 2014, this aspect triggers transiting Pluto opposing the USA Sun(influencing the whole year). Russia and China, the USA, and others are in new power plays and economic intrigue. Often such dangerous aspects challenge various markets, gold and silver, and peace in the world. This is for sure a good time to have a spiritual practice and good prayer for peace in the world. In the USA Chart with Gemini Rising Pluto opposes USA Sun mid June. With Rudhyar’s Sagittarius Rising, the Pluto opposition Sun occurs next year and came very close in April, being within orb of influence since late last December when cold and snow appeared with intensity here in North America. In David Solte’s Chart for USA, Mars transiting squares the USA Mars in Leo around June 12 to 14th bringing both stormy weather and politics, aggressive economics and strong reactions to anybody or anything threatening to our security and economic prosperity. Although very assertive, this is good aspect for pushing agendas forward, making strong peace and economic partnerships (or losing such). More debate about gun violence and climate change, change of super powers? Need for more compassion and learning to grow, not destroy, for sure. Upticks in quakes and volcanoes adding to quirky times. As mentioned in last December’s ‘OM Cafe’ talk, we are collectively awakening to planetary environmental problems, the need to purify air and water, and the need to create such an intelligent ‘peace making’ that the severe top heavy military industrial complex can relax a bit and not be so heavy handed. We need more gardeners and cooks.
“As Robert Graves said, ‘There’s no money in poetry, but then there’s no poetry in money, either.’ That is, unless you are Allen Ginsberg, Robert Bly, Eminem, or Kid Rock, or a very creatively smart artist.” -Captain Bob and the Woodard Aviators.
“Mayflower Bookshop is not a place where you can get lost, it’s a place where you can be found.” – Captain Bob and the Woodward Crack in the Open Book.
- June 19th into 20th. Mercury conjuncts Sun giving burning insights and clear vision as to what to do and what not to do. Good clear articulation. Try to be patient and kind in all communications, haste makes waste and rudeness/harshness may cause over reactions, arguments, anger. Tendency to fall back into true and tried mental ruts rather than take the leap forward and upwards with bigger hearted feelings. A sense of being a caterpillar crawling or even stuck in the cocoon vs. opposite sense of arising out of past conditionings, ready to fly like the butterfly to the many colourful flowers of experience life offers.
- June 20th, 7 p.m. Robert Thibodeau’s Talk at the Theosophical Society on Woodward in Berkley(between 11 and 12 mile roads a few blocks south of Catalpa) —
“The Sophia Mystery and the Secret of the Soul”
Learn how the word ‘Theosophy’ is derived from ‘Theo-Sophia’, or Anthroposophy from ‘Anthro-Sophia’. Sophia meaning ‘wisdom’ but also divine goddess feminine. Learn of the holy spirit, kundalini, spiritual forces awakening higher intelligence, the secret of the Chalice and Sword, the Grail, and more. Voyage with us in the descent and re-ascent of the Soul seeking spiritual unfoldment, enlightenment, immortality. Experience the stories of Psyche and Cupid, Persephone & Demeter, and the initiatory story of Inanna.
Robert Thibodeau is author of ‘Astrological Aspects, the Art’ published in 2013 and containing astrological interpretations and techniques as well as insights into the spiritual relationship of Theosophy, Steiner, Psyche and Eros, Sacred Geometry, Platonic Solids and Chakras. Robert is a practicing astrologer and musician. Find him on the web at www.mayflowerbookshop.com and on YouTube on the ‘mayflowerbookshop’ channel.
- June 27th. New Moon semi-sextile Venus and trines Neptune. New Moons oft begin new adventures, Full Moons try to complete or fulfil things. This aspect good for many a love adventure, travel plan, and future dream come true. Emotional sensitivities and psychic perceptions can rock the dream boat, so be sure to be rock solid practical when wishing upon a star. On the other hand, if sinking in all the things that matter to you, it’s good to tie yourself to a star, hitch your wagon to the highest star; and yes, wish upon a star, call on the higher self and higher power within to re-invoke your God ‘I AM’ Presence. In other words, now is the time to pray, meditate, and call upon higher virtuous powers and intelligences to assist you on your most noble adventure or journey of experience yet to come! Keep a journal, write down dreams, make peace with your self and make a plan to ascend to your highest goals. The New Moon sets the tone for the next 4 weeks but especially the next 2 weeks. Tendency to need more down time to find your inner place of peace and harmony. Keep an ecology of balance when it comes to work and play, money and health/exercise/diet, personal needs and those of others. Haunting memories of unfinished karma may gently collide with what is right before you. Future callings compete with what is not complete and may need being done with. Future visions and premonitions meet past expectations and karma, creating unusual gatherings of spirit and matter, thoughts and feelings. Ideals and dreams. Dare to voyage beyond the boundaries of what makes you secure but not fulfilled or complete, happy. To find deeper or higher meaning and purpose, try reading Osho, or tibetan arts of meditation, Rudolf Steiner or H.P.Blavatsky. Manly Hall’s books are easy and high-minded, try ‘Secret Teachings of All Ages’. Definitely a good time to set the wheels in motion for a more healthy, happy, holy, holistic good and true future.
June 29th. Sun trine Neptune, Venus square Neptune. This is the best good day in June, but then again you could be fooling yourself or they are fooling you. Good day for art, dreaming, music, and letting go. Maintain your practical long-term view.
Robert is available for consultations and private readings.
Call (248) 547-8227 or email [email protected]
Robert is author of ‘Astrological Aspects, the Art’ available on our Website and on Amazon. He has music available on CD and much on Youtube, including talks on meditation, relationships, and more.
May all beings find happiness and the causes of their destiny, rather than fate. – Robert of Mayflower
Robert Thibodeau/Mayflower Bookshop
2645 W. 12 Mile Road
(248) 547 8227