“Love makes us immortal;
awakening to how that works
makes us a buddha,
a christ, a hermes,
or just a wonderful human being
alive and kicking with life.” –robert of mayflower
- July 1st Full Moon in Capricorn, Venus conjunct Jupiter, Sun trine Neptune. Very high ideals and dreams concerning love, new projects, beautifying, adding onto, travel, kids. Practical yet far seeing concerns. Beautiful experiences.
- July 6th, Sun oppose Pluto. Nasty weather rumblings in parts, or is it just nasty feelings and conversations heard round the world? Pluto can internalize experience, take things too personally, tendency to be over-sensitive or reactive. Some experience strong assertive or aggressive energies. Possible subtle shifts or changes in calling, vocation, home, relations, personal identity. Power struggles vs. running and hiding. Passive aggressive, aggressive passive manoeuvres. Deeper currents stir feelings for where things want to go. Some experience endings or new sense of beginning. Cardinal signs and houses affected primarily are Capricorn, Aries, Cancer, and Libra. A sense of finality or completion for either what is behind you, ahead of you, or present now. Some struggle between making profits and making fun. A want to improve the quality of life, ecology, environment, home. Sudden rise or fall from power for some in coming weeks. First photos of Pluto coming in showing it to be ‘reddish’ and full of water (it appears). Pluto has a few astrological faces or expressions, one is a higher or lower octave of the planet Mars. Mars is known in esoteric circles as the fiery red planet, red for iron in the blood, cars and swords, assertive aggressive speech and action, courage or even war. Pluto can be discreet or secretive. Pluto can act instinctively and passionately from unconscious pervasive impulses. Pluto is plutocracy, plutocrats, ‘power over’ rather than ‘power through’ another. Pluto at higher levels is compassion, redemption of the dark feminine, relaying of foundations, renewal, and acts with the impulse of ‘the most for the many’ and ‘education of the poor’ ethic.
- Weekend of July 10th to 13, Sun square Uranus aspect. Quick changes, at times shocking revelations or insights. Sudden storms or quakes. Sudden loss or win. Depends on one’s chart whether Uranus is lucky or unlucky. Some feel need to change and update home and/or personal appearance. Strong urge to rebel, or be especially unique, even go a little crazy with needs to be free or freely express. Sudden urge to do something new. Strong creative juices, much communication and making connection. Multitasking and getting lots accomplished for some, others feel split and divide to conquer or are conquered or waylaid by diverse impulses and split personality.
- New Moon July 15-16th, Mercury/Mars conjunct just after opposing Pluto. All geo-poetical hotspots most likely on alert. Dangerous stormy time in weather and emotions for a number of spaces and places. Strong assertive, even aggressive, speech and action. Force and strength may need to police chaotic elements keeping in check unruly behaviour. This is not a good time to misbehave or act crazy wild. This is most likely a day we see strong need for good police and strong military. Danger of dangerous acts and violence in many parts of world. Stormy or severe emotions and weather for sure. On the positive side, there is strong assertive speech for truth, compassion, social welfare, also much political jockeying and posturing. Strong economic corporate political strategic moves positioning for future. Take extra care and caution if traveling. Avoid confrontation. Strong energetic for protecting one’s long term view and home dynamic. On an esoteric level, Raphael, the angel of healing, teams up with Michael, the archangel and time spirit for these times, and confronts darkness, ignorance, and lack of love. Or from buddhist point of view, Medicine Buddha and Manjushri, angel deva of wisdom and cutting through obstacles, team us with a secret Tara, feminine wisdom of Buddha, to bring insight, wisdom and compassion, healing, to the less fortunate, those in ignorance and delusion. At any rate, during this month, this aspect triggers very strong forces of light and dark, and brings about here and there rainbows of love and truth and colorful unforgettable experiences. The individual and collective heart of love and peace is birthing a new planetary wisdom! Good time for purification, prayer and meditation, times of beautifying and attuning to the wholeness of life. Good time for a new book from Mayflower Bookshop.
- Venus into Virgo on 18th makes for critical week before Venus goes retrograde on 25th to go back into Leo until Oct. 9th. Venus goes direct on Sept. 6th . Venus retro good for yoga, meditation, self reflection, and inner beautification and contemplation. Avoid un-constructive criticism. Clean, renew, and work on self to change others. Don’t take anything personal other than trying to live up to your higher self and ideals of virtue. The secret here is to let your heart shine for everyone, unconditional universal love. True yoga is the union with the higher self that is in all of us, starting with oneself.
- Uranus retrograde on 26th adds to Venus retro making for many unique maverick and individualistic moves, changes, reversals, and escapades of adventure and change of mind. Uranus retrograde till direct on December 25th on Christmas! Progressive aggressive moves of last few months may retreat to review and re-analyze situation. Bold individualistic maneuvers can throw others off balance during this time. Good to check with close ones before sudden surprise actions. For some its too late and too little, a retreat or reconsideration of past and future. Esoterically, the inner love looks for new ways to express and explore full nature of the self.
- July 21 Sun trine Saturn followed byJuly 22 Mercury trine Saturn makes for smooth wise long-term thinking and actions. Think practical, think wise, act slowly, be true to your divine stillness and pure depth. Happiness when alone or in deep silent contemplation. Good time to sign long-term secure contracts and agreements.
- July 23rd Sun conjunct Mercury can bring a quake or two, storms, and sudden winds of change and direction. Otherwise, it’s a wake up and smell the coffee of reality and clear thinking. Lots of new realizations about what is up and what direction or action to take to make it yet better. Good time for communications and sharing, learning, speaking, listening.
- July 25-26th Venus stationary retrograde and Uranus stationary retrograde while Mars squares Uranus is not good for some; for others its divine revelation not apocalypse. Extremes in weather and behavior for some, for others it’s breakthroughs and freedom. Danger of going too far with something, reaching breaking points in life. Anger and aggressive violent action day for some. Others find need to make strong changes in their day-to-day life to assure security and sense of creative freedom. Can be a day when truth and love find each other in need for change. Sudden shifts in direction or thinking. This is one of those aspects where people come unglued and do dumb things to hurt others. Danger of premature hasty actions and mistakes, misfiring, premature eruptions. Basically, Mars is need for courage to see truth, Uranus is higher truth trying to reach everyday reality. Patience and recognition needs here to overcome impulses of anger or hatred. The key here is to learn to love people for who they are and to leave them free. Jealousy and trying to control others is not love nor wise ways of educating or freeing oneself or other. Special heroics and feats of action can happen but special caution and wisdom must prevail over instinctive impulsive unconscious actions which could fail or backfire. Courage for truth and higher love is needed with this aspect.
- August 2nd Saturn goes direct from retrograde, wisdom and forethought emerge to redirect actions toward better futures. Mercury trines Uranus for fortunate turns of fate and positive returns of friends and luck. August 3rd Jupiter squares Saturn in the sky for many a good investment for long-term success. Our happy side wants to find a good home and garden to grow in and through. A sense of being co-creative with life, past and future now present. August is a month of strengthening foundations and securing sense of long-term direction. Good time to take off the crown and start to dig in for a gentle fall and return to earth, the inner connection, and good friends we can count on. The return of lasting qualities and virtues, good character and sustainability in sense of self and self-worth.
Donations for this newsletter and for our continued work to spiritually educate and inspire are most welcome. Thanks.
-robert of mayflower
Robert Thibodeau is available for personal private consultations and talks.
Call (248) 547-8227 for appointment.
2645 W.12 Mile Rd
Berkley, Mi. 48072
mayflowerbookshop.com on the web
Find me on Facebook!